- March 11, 2014 /
- by keeper /
- working in confined spaces /
Course Title: Confined Spaces Vertical Access (refresher)
Duration: 1 Day
This Course is for: All those involved with a vertical access confined space entry, making a point of work Risk Assessment leading to a Safe System to be followed. Candidates wishing to attend this training must produce evidence of completing this or similar training within the last 3 years.
Course Aims: To refresh candidates with the practical skills and knowledge to ensure the safe entry into and working in a confined space for themselves and others assisting them.
- Recognition of a confined space
- Identification of hazards which may be encountered
- Making a Risk Assessment of the work to be undertaken
- Preparing a safe system of working and permits
- Gas detection methods and equipment
- Other equipment which may be needed
- Practical interpretation
- Exercises to test knowledge (practical and theoretical)
- Assessment of ability
- Ability to plan, prepare and conduct vertical access confined space operations
- Compliance with current Health & Safety Legislation
Due to the practical nature of this course a maximum of eight delegates will be accepted.
On successful completion of this training and assessment certification valid for 3 years will be issued.