- March 11, 2014 /
- by keeper /
- first aid /
Course Title: Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW).
Duration: 6 hours
This Course is for: Organisations with low staff numbers, medium hazard operations or staff working in “lone situation”.
Course Aims: To give candidates knowledge and experience which will enable them to offer immediate aid in the case of injury or illness.
- Understanding the role of the first aider, including use of available equipment and recording of incidents and actions.
- Basic Hygiene in first aid procedures
- Assessment of situations to ensure safe, prompt and effective actions are implemented in emergencies.
- Safe, prompt and effective assistance for an unconscious casualty or one having a seizure.
- Administration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or in shock.
- Assistance for a choking casualty.
- Appropriate treatment for minor injuries.
- To equip candidates with the knowledge to assist at minor situations requiring first aid.
- To meet with the proposed new requirement for first aid training provision in the workplace
Due to the practical nature of this course a maximum of twelve delegates will be accepted.
On successful completion of this training and assessment certification valid for 3 years, but requiring a three hour refresher course after years one and two will be issued.