- March 11, 2014 /
- by keeper /
- highway work, operatives, operators, road safety, road works /
Course Title: Highway Excavation and Reinstatement (Operatives)
Duration: 4 Days (dependant on experience)
This Course is for: Operatives undertaking excavation and reinstatement operations in the highway.
Course Aims: To provide training and assessment in the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1992 for those who carry out excavations and reinstate public roadways and footpaths.
- Location and avoidance of underground apparatus (unit 01)
- Signing Lighting and Guarding (unit 02)
- Excavation in the highway (unit 03)
- Reinstatement and compaction of back fill materials (unit 04)
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road base in non Bituminous materials (unit 05)
- Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials (unit 06)
- Reinstatement of hot-lay bituminous materials (unit 07)
Extra units of competence may be undertaken if required in:
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs (unit 08)
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces (unit 09)
Course Outcomes:A minimum of three units must be achieved in groups specified by the awarding body in order for a certificate of competence to be awarded.
Five certificate options are available for operatives, with a further five in similar subjects groups at supervisor level. Assessment of a single unit will lead to the award of a Record of Achievement.
On successful completion of this training and assessment certification from a national awarding body will be issued and accreditation to undertake works in the highway obtained valid for 5 years.