- March 11, 2014 /
- by keeper /
- highway work, road works, supervisors /
Course Title: Highway Excavation and Reinstatement (Supervisors)
Duration: 4 Days (dependant on experience)
This Course is for: Supervisors monitoring excavation and reinstatement operations in the highway.
Course Aims: To provide training and assessment in the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1992 for those who monitor excavations and reinstate public roadways and footpaths.
- Location and avoidance of underground apparatus (unit 01)
- Monitoring of signing, lighting and guarding (unit 10)
- Monitoring of excavation in the highway (unit 11)
- Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials (unit 12)
- Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road base in non bituminous materials (unit 13)
- Monitoring reinstatement in bituminous materials (unit 14)
Extra units of competence may be undertaken if required in:
- Monitoring reinstatement concrete slabs (unit 15)
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways (unit 16)
A minimum of three units must be achieved in groups specified by the awarding body in order for a certificate of competence to be awarded.
Five certificate options are available for operatives, with a further five in similar subjects groups at supervisor level.
Assessment of a single unit will lead to the award of a Record of Achievement.
On successful completion of this training and assessment certification from a national awarding body will be issued and accreditation to undertake works in the highway obtained valid for 5 years.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 6 per assessor