- March 11, 2014 /
- by keeper /
- highway work, road safety, underground services /
Course Title: Location and Avoidance of Underground Services
Duration: Half Day
This Course is for: Anyone involved in excavation operations or required to locate underground services.
Course Aims: To provide candidates with the knowledge and practical skills needed to locate and avoid buried services.
- The range of services situated underground
- Dangers from these services if damaged
- Reading of plans
- Looking for evidence of services
- Using a cable avoiding tool and generator
- Practical application of learning
- Ability to use a range of knowledge and equipment to make excavation safer
- Compliance with current Health & Safety Legislation
Due to the practical nature of this course a maximum of eight delegates will be accepted.
On successful completion of this training and assessment certification valid for 3 years will be issued.