- March 11, 2014 /
- by keeper /
- contractors /
Course Title: Managing Contractors
Duration: 1 Day
This course is for: The course is suitable for employers who are responsible for specifying and procuring contractors and partner organizations and those who have to manage contractors and partner organizations. I would also be of benefit for those who wish to further their awareness following attendance of general health and safety courses.
Course Overview: To provide delegates who manage contractors and partners; with the skills needed to ensure the relationships working effectively.
- Principles of how to manage contracts.
- Liabilities and the law.
- Managing contractors and partner organizations.
- The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007
- Selection of a competent contractor.
- Conditions of contract.
- Management of contract activities.
- Contract review.
- Syndicate exercise to consolidate topics covered.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate the issues of working with contractors.
- Understand the law including what to do if the work comes under the CDM Regulations.
- Assess existing arrangements in their organization and draw up an action plan.
- Plan jobs that involve contractors.
- Select competent contractors and partner organizations based on competence criteria.
- Manage work on site.
- Monitor the work of contractors.
- Review the risk assessments and method statements of contractors and partners.
On completion of this training a certification of attendance valid for 3 years will be issued.