- March 11, 2014 /
- by keeper /
- work permits /
Course Title: Permit to Work Issuers & Acceptors
Duration: 3 Hours
This Course is for: Staff who issue or anyone who accepts a permit to work.
- To provide candidates with an understanding of the necessary requirements of a permit to work system within the legislative system.
- To provide candidates with the appropriate knowledge to carry out the role of permit issuer or acceptor effectively and safely.
- Overview of workplace requirements
- Legislative framework
- Risk assessment process toward a permit decision
- Developing a Safe System of Work
- When a permit is likely to be needed
- Application of permit procedure
- Levels of responsibility
- Exclusions to the system
- Practical workplace application
- Review of learning
- An awareness of the legal requirements of Health and Safety
- An understanding of good practice in relation to permit systems
- An awareness of the responsibilities of a permit issuer and acceptor
On completion of this training a certification of attendance will be issued.