- March 11, 2014 /
- by keeper /
- environment /
Course Title: Safe Working in a Cold Climate
Duration: 3 Hours
This Course is for: All personnel for whom working in a cold climate is to form part of their working requirement.
- To raise delegates awareness of factors affecting their health and safety when working in a low temperature environment.
- To appraise delegates of basic first aid measures relating to work carried out in a cold climate situation.
- Dangers associated with working in a cold climate
- The ways in which heat is lost from the body
- Wind chill
- Symptoms of hypothermia
- First aid action in cases of hypothermia
- Freezing injuries
- First aid action for Frostbite
- Other injuries which may occur due to the environment
- Clothing required
- Planning working patterns for the environment
- An awareness of the hazards faced in a cold climate
- An understanding of good practice when preparing to work in this environment
- Ability to take appropriate first aid action to protect self or others affected by the harsh environment
On completion of this training a certification of attendance will be issued.