- March 11, 2014 /
- by keeper /
- highway work, road safety /
Course Title: Signing, Lighting and Guarding in the Highway
Duration: 1 Day
This Course is for: Operatives and supervisors employed on, or responsible for, the installation and/or maintenance of Signing, Lighting and Guarding at roadway, footway or verge works.
Course Aims: To provide candidates with the opportunity to learn the skills or clarify their understanding of requirements for Signing, Lighting and Guarding at works, including those for minor works with no excavation or mobile works.
- Why, where and when of Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- The national code of practice
- Application to candidates operational needs
- Practical operations using models
- Assessment to NRSWA Unit 02 or 10 as required by delegate.
- Safer environment for all workers on or users of the road or footpath
- Compliance with current Health & Safety Legislation
All workers carrying out operations in the Highway, with or without excavations, are required to be qualified to unit 02 requirements.
On successful completion of this training and assessment certification from a national awarding body will be issued.